Saturday, March 26, 2005

 

"Did it matter what she wanted?"

I wake from the dream.

Acquaintances and I sit in a dark club.
It is definitely a "someplace to be."
Definitely not "the place to be."
We sample a new alcoholic version of Coke. It sports a large-script "D.W." across the lower front of the can.
"D.ark W.ater Coke "

Two twenty-somethings giggle knottily out from the ladies restroom, overlapping. Verbally. Physically.

The one in black. Black hair, short and rough-cut. Black top, low cut. Bare midriff.
Defying and demanding at once.

She slips between me and the table. Pressed close. She is an unattainable actress. She is a childhood crush, grown.

She challenges: "Try to resist me," her brattish smile blurred by proximity.

I win.

I wake from the dream.

Comments:
?No dreams since March 25th

?How is House of Leaves treating you

orange and murky were out on Tuesday...

the album Haunted by Poe is quite good, at least as far as I can tell from hearing it over the store PA; a serious listen is planned for today
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?