Tuesday, July 03, 2007

 

The island told me to.

Welcome to PuntaPost ONE!

This is only day three on the island and there is so much I'm sure i will forget to post about. It may also be a challenge getting all the photos up that I hope to include, but we shall see.

TRAVEL: June 30/07
This was my third occasion to fly (rather than count connecting flights and return trips), Jaime's second, I think, and Molly and Matt's first. At least that either of them will remember.



Matthew has been expressing concern for some time that the plane will explode, crash, or both. I expect that the few episodes of LOST he managed to watch have affected his interest in flying. Our take of from Saskatoon (at 6:00 am) went smoothly. The taxiing didn't bother Matt at all, but the first few upward lurches overwhelmed him. He cried. Molly threw up shortly thereafter. The rest? Cake.



The four hour layover at Toronto airport was busy with eating, losing Matt's Nintendo DS, searching for the lost and found, not finding, searching for the proper terminal, and meeting and challenging some Peruvians to a game of Mario Kart DS.

I will figure out how to turn those shots right side up when I'm not paying $10 an hour for wireless internet access.

NEXT: leg two of the journey.


Comments:
Sure sounds like international travel. Imagine that everyone you see is also loosing something, or had several children ill from the flight,or trying something brand new. Boggling!

Put your pictures on someone's laptop first and pare the hell out of them. Throw out 3/4 of what you shot (if you're like me) and get a Picasa account to upload to.

Have fun. As if I need to mention that...
 
You must rotate the images with any old program (even Paint) before uploading. There is no way to instruct target computers to rotate images unless you have permission to place files on the server.

Although there should be!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?